To engage stakeholders in the design, advocacy, and implementation of solutions to revitalize the Greater New York Avenue Gateway
To redevelop the New York Avenue Corridor into a dynamic gateway that is vibrant, economically diverse, and that enhances the quality of life for residents and stakeholders
GNYAGG Priorities and Values:
▪ Engage stakeholders and experts in the design, advocacy, and implementation of solutions to revitalize The Greater New York Avenue Gateway
▪ Create and promote opportunities
▪ Market and educate others about New York Avenue
▪ Seek to develop a positive urban experience and a signature destination to shop, visit, enjoy, live, work, and do business
▪ Endeavor to better connect local communities and enhance the quality of life for a wide ranging populace
▪ Maintain the integrity and attractiveness of neighboring communities, public places, historic/cultural venues, and treasured local businesses.
Help Ward 5 businesses to access financial resources and technical assistance.
Convenes regularly scheduled board meeting and presides or arranges for other members of the Executive Committee to preside at each meeting.
Executive Vice Chairperson (EVC) serves in absence of the chairperson and assumes the position of chairperson if it is vacated prematurely. The Executive Vice Chairperson is responsible for Strategic Partnerships and External Affairs. The EVC is responsible for committees assigned to him/her by the chairperson.
Vice Chairperson for Finance and Institutional Advancement serves in absence of the EVC and Vice Chair for Operations and is the third in line of succession of the chairperson if the EVC, Vice Chair for Operations and chairperson are absent or unable to continue in those positions. The Vice Chairperson for Finance is responsible for financial matters, fundraising, and any committees assigned to him/her by the chairperson.